Solved

Indicium call is not functional anymore

Badge +1

We have a function in our project where the end user can add their own users (as in people who come to work for them) to their application. We have a link to the IAM via an HTTP connector in a process flow. We use the following link:  /indicium/open/iam/iam/usr. And this gives the following error when the call is made via the HTTP connector: The /open/iam/iam/x endpoint can only be used to start message protocol independent process flows. The entity 'usr' is not a process flow.

I have found this error when testing the call with Postman after noticing something was wrong. This has always worked in versions prior to 2024.1. We could always add users via our end application to the IAM using our task made for adding users. Same goes for editing. We have no idea what possibly could cause this sudden error.

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 6 May 2024, 15:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @SanderAdam,

I don't think it's possible for the URL /indicium/open/iam/iam/usr to have ever worked, so the URL must have changed compared to when it did work previously.

If you want to add a user by directly calling IAM's own API, the URL would be like this:

/indicium/iam/iam/usr

If you want to add a user by calling a custom API of your own application, then URL would be like this:

/indicium/open/iam/my_appl/my_process_flow

The /open/ segment is used exclusively to call process flows with the Custom API checkbox checked. There is no custom API process flow called ‘usr’ in IAM and there hasn’t been one in the past either.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

Hello @Vincent Doppenberg,

You are absolutely right. I made a slip of the pen. After correcting this I found that one particular value does not exist in the request (anymore). After removing that value it works again.

Thank you for your response and your help!