Solved

Image doesn't update after refresh, only when switching between documents

• 7 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 387 replies

I have a list with a status and status icon. When I have a task that updates the status, de icon changes also. However the text updates, but the icon doesn't update, only when I navigate away from that screen-element, go to another document for example and return to the initial list the icon has visually changed.. 

Would this be some kind of caching issue?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 10 August 2023, 12:54

View original

8 replies

Hi Freddy,

In order to process this question we want to ask for a little bit more information to see if we can help you further along.

Is it possible for you to add a screenshot (Or more) and/or video (GIF) of the issue so we can see it appear on screen.

Following this, we have a number of questions about which we would like to receive more information:
Does it concern a domain with elements? 
Which refresh option is the Task using?

Is it also possible for you to check through the Dev tools whether a message comes up here? We are curious if it gives a result.

More information about the dev tools can be found on our documentation.
DevTools for troubleshooting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

please reopen this question: 

here is what happens: 
error of the icons not changing (vidyard.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Question is now open again

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Question is now open again

Are you guys already checking it as well @Mark Jongeling ? It's pretty annoying that all data gets updated except the icon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have set out a question internally to see if anyone knows what could be the problem here. Will report back when I have answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can Angelica her previous questions be answered? This is valuable information for us, thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Can Angelica her previous questions be answered? This is valuable information for us, thanks!

Hi @Mark Jongeling 

The video has been made. There are not apparent errors to be found using the debug tools. 

As for the technical setup all icons come from the DB. 

This particular screen is a view that dynamically determines the icon to be shown. As in icon_name.svg (unique) and icon_data (hidden) with the actual SVG data.

• By default the base status icons are shown (they come from a table)
  • Depending on the tenant and status dimensions an administrator can assign an alternative icon (stored in DB)
  • In the view itself in case of delays a different icon can be shown, these also are read from a DB. 

So:

1. Does it concern a domain with elements? - NO
  2. Which refresh option is the Task using? - This is not the issue. The task happens on another screen. The point is that if you go to another tab or document and you refresh the subject the name of the status changes, but not the icon. The icon only changes when you or close/reopen the document or go to another screen-element. (see video)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy, 

If the problems is still present in the latest Universal GUI version, please create a ticket. That way the team can judge better if this is behavior that should be changed/fixed.