Solved

icons in web gui via Azure - issue with new SF version

• 10 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

With the update to the latest version of SF we had an issue with icons missing in the web gui. 

We fixed this on our own local server by setting, which is needed in the latest SF version.  

Advice given by Thinkwise:

To do this, 'load user profile' must be enabled on the application pool. This ensures that a C: \ Users \ {pool user} \ directory is available, and other things that are not normally created for an application pool identity.

It is indeed a recent change, of which I have not yet found the specific documentation. 'load user profile' is already advised to enable, 'Right click on your Application Pool, open the Advanced Settings and make sure that the correct Identity is set. Note that Load User Profile should also be set to True. '

This works fine. HOWEVER, We are not certain IF (and is yes, HOW) this can be set on our Azure deployment. Anyone thoughts on this? We must set this before we deploy. 

I can’t just trial and error it, since we do not have an up and running Azure deployment yet…

Any one experience with these settings?  

Much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Tim Waalewijn 10 December 2020, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Blommetje,

Azure App Services by default uses an application pool with the identity set to ApplicationPoolIdentity. Which means you will indeed not have an actual user profile without setting Load User Profile to true.

To reiterate my answer on a similar question about Indicium

According to the Kudu wiki (https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/Configurable-settings#add-user-profile-support-for-a-site) this can be achieved by adding a WEBSITE_LOAD_USER_PROFILE app setting to your Azure app and setting it to 1.

As stated in the wiki link this will only work for apps running in a Basic, Standard or Premium tier so make sure you are using one of those.

You should be able to set this in the configuration section of your Azure app before uploading the Web GUI: