Solved

IAM - Is it possible to set the user configuration on user group level?

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Is it possible to set the user Configuration on a user group level instead of per-user?

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/iam/users#configure-user-preferences 

1. Select a Configuration or create a new configuration using the pop-up. Available configurations are:

• None - No user preferences are stored and the user preferences ribbon is hidden.
    • Resize - Users can collapse and expand their menu and ribbon. Furthermore, they can change the sort sequence and column width in a grid view.
    • Move - Resize plus the option to configure their own start objects and set the sort sequence of all subjects.
    • OnOff - All options except for changing screen types.
    • Complete - All user preferences options are available to the user.

As far as I understand setting this to complete also enables the user to change screen types and save user-defined-prefilters. I couldn’t find an option to set this on a user group.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 17 April 2024, 11:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marius,

Currently not, every user may have a different User preference configuration whilst sharing User groups with other users.

If the user would be in several user groups that in your case would all have difference configurations, which should be the leading configuration? Or should it be a more of a configuration that is derived from all configurations combined?

Edit: Idea here: IAM - Change user configuration | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

If the user would be in several user groups that in your case would all have difference configurations, which should be the leading configuration? Or should it be a more of a configuration that is derived from all configurations combined?

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 I’d expect the configuration to be combined if multiple user groups are assigned to the same user. Though thinking about it, instead of having these grouped options I think it would be better to be able to turn certain things on/off (For example turn on Prefilter creation and turn off screentype selection).

I’ll create an idea for this 👍

Userlevel 4
Badge +4