Solved

How do we create a downtime notification?

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

How can I create a message like this? 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 31 August 2021, 10:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

This is done by editing the Title in the IAM global settings like this (this only works in Web GUI):

Maintenance message

We do have an Idea for informing users about maintenance here: Informing users (using Windows GUI / Indicium) of maintenance time | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Alternative ways; you can make a landing page that your users will see automatically when logging in - Start objects in IAM, or show a maintenance message the same way. In the Universal GUI, you can add some custom CSS to add text for example.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

While I was working on setting the favicon I also ran into this issue. 

I want the name of my app to be displayed in the right font. (in the png). Therefor I don’t not need  a title in the IAM. But without a Title, the name in Chrome-tab is just the URL, and that a name. And that's not desired… 

Can be set independently? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Well, not from the IAM. But you could change the Default.aspx file of the Web GUI. In here you can set a different title. Currently the title is set equal to the title set in IAM, but you could change that (didn't test though):

Application title in Default.aspx

Changing any part of this file, a Recycle of the Application pool is needed to see the effects. Also after every redeploy, this file will be overwritten and you'll have to modify it again.