Solved

How can I enable the "Drop External Row" task in the scheduler?

• 22 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I'm trying to implement the Drop External Row task in a calendar view (scheduler). When I look at the documentation, I can find the fields for the drop_date and the resource_id (see below), but I can't find the field for the name of the task. What name should I use?  

icon

Best answer by Roel 22 January 2021, 09:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey André,

External drag drop functionality will start the task from the entity that you start dragging from. So e.g. you want to drag rows from the entity work_order to your scheduler. Your scheduler e.g. is working with the scheduler_resources and scheduler_appointments entities.

In the SF you will have to set this up by specifying a source table and a target table. The source table will be 'work_order’, the target table will be ‘scheduler_appointments’. Normally you would then be able to easily map the columns after that. But because the resource and date columns are set using an extender we cannot determine the correct columns easily there. That is why you have to specify them by hand in the extender.

So the reason why there is no task to set is because this task is started from the external entity you are dragging from. The 2 parameters can be filled and will be mapped to the task parameters when the task is executed. When the names match the scheduler will fill in the correct resource and date on which you drop your external drag action.

I hope this helps, we will update the documentation accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Roel