Solved

History tables of temporal tables don't receive user rights

• 2 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

We recently started using temporal tables for example to retrieve an address as it was at a certain time in the past. However none of the ‘_history’ tables underneath their regular respective temporal tables get any users or roles appointed to them. For example our ‘adres’ table contains 7 roles whereas the ‘adres_history’ table has none.

This is a problem because we want to use this for invoices for example where the invoice retrieves the address as it was on the invoice date. This is vital for invoice retention as is dictated by law. Temporal tables are a great alternative to having to print out all documents to PDF and keeping them in a backup.

I can of course apply these roles manually and that’s probably what I have to do if this is intended behavior. I would like to read some other thoughts on this though before I proceed.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 2 July 2021, 15:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Roland,

The Software Factory will automatically create a history table for the table where you enable system versioning. This table can then be queried to obtain records from the past.

The developer is responsible for building a view around it to show records from a certain time period for example. That also includes roles and rights on that view.

To help with this, we can help in the form of a dynamic model procedure to automatically generate a function to obtain records out of the table. Find it here:

Automatically create a function for system versioned tables | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

To answer your question, yes it is intended that the SF doesn't automatically create roles for this history table.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

This link is not accessible Automatically create a function for system versioned tables | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com). It says not authorized to access it.

I wanted to know how to create a function for system versioned tables.