Solved

Getting error message while using Universal GUI(2021.3.12.0)

• 19 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

When i tried to open my application in Universal GUI, the application opens but no data is getting displayed from DB and  it is showing  error messages as ” Reset dataset failed. Error: An unknown error occurred, please contact your administrator.” and “ [unknown_error]” .
It is not updated with latest data model change too. Has someone faced this before? What could be the issue?

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 20 April 2022, 10:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Are the application model and database model the same? And is this on SQL server or a different database system? Also, any additional information in the indicium log?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Erwin,

Yes both the models are same and we are using this SQL server sisarbv-sql.thinklab.cloud.

I could see lot of error logs in indicium error log, such as, 

TSFMessagesMiddleware: An unhandled exception occurred while processing the request. (fffadd8a)
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

And also i could see error message for invalid columns which we added in our latest version and completed code creation and IAM sync successfully. We could see it gets reflected in our end application but not in the Universal GUI. 

Wondering what we are missing out here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Usha,

Could you paste the full error messages (with the entire call stack below the error message included) for the System.OverflowException and also the other error you mentioned regarding invalid columns?

These errors are almost certainly the cause of your problems and with this additional information we will be able to help you solve them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Vincent,

Please find the error log file attached.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Usha,

It appears that you have either a view or an expression column that produces a value for a column that does not fit into the int domain that was assigned to the column. 

To find the subject which produces this error, open the developer tools of the browser, navigate to the Network tab and then reproduce the issue in the Universal GUI. In the network tab you will see a red request that resulted in a 500 status code. The URL of this request will refer to the subject that produced the error. You can narrow this down some more by looking at the columns that have an int data type. Check if any of them are expression columns and if their expressions can produce values that are not convertible to int. If the subject is a view, then check if the query for your view can produce invalid values for these columns.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Vincent, 
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It is working fine now after we copied the current project version in IAM, which we missed to do that earlier. Apart from that, those data type errors were from the older model.