Solved

Function-typed table

Badge +1

We would like to display data in a screen by means of a view. The data is grouped in the query of the view (column 1). In a next column (column 2) several fields are merged by means of "for xml path" to one field. The data in the screen is built up on the basis of a specified time range, which the user must be able to specify in the screen.

Normally, the data in a query is retrieved in a screen and filtered in the screen by the user (dataset reduced). In this case, column 2 is not re-selected and merged.

I would like to retrieve the data in the query based on of parameters (just like a task or report), I think this is possible with "function-typed table". The SF documentation states that you can create a "table" of type "function". This type is not selectable in the SF (version 2021.1)! How can we achieve this and is there more information about this?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 7 May 2021, 11:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Robert,

Function-typed tables are not supported yet by Software Factory version 2021.1 and the GUI's, and shouldn't have been in the documentation. Earlier this week I noticed this too in our documentation and I have communicated this internally. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We intend to release this functionality when the GUI's support this. Software Factory version 2021.2 will be required for that. Although Function-typed tables will not be available upon release, it will come available later through a hotfix. 

Badge +1

Hello Mark,

thanks for your quick response.
Is there another way to do this (retrieve and merge data using a parameter specified in the screen by the user)?

Greetings Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Robert,

There's an alternative way similar to how the Code search works in the Software Factory. 

Code search

Have one table, with Insert/Update trigger, with an input field. When the user then enters a value, that value can be used to insert/update/delete rows out of another table that shows the results based on the input. An alternative to the trigger is using a Task like the Code search functionality does.

Would that suffice?

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

This is sufficient, in this way we can retrieve and merge data using a parameter that can be specified by the user on the screen.

Thanks!

Badge +9

I have an use case for an function-typed table or an detail view based on the result of an stored procedure. When is this functionality available in the SF?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have an use case for an function-typed table or an detail view based on the result of an stored procedure. When is this functionality available in the SF?

We have started the implementation. Our Indicium team already started and our GUI teams will probably start right after. I can't give you an exact date sadly nor even an estimation as it is not the item with the highest priority. I would like this functionality too:wink: