Solved

Frequently missing [end_date_time] in [process_flow_schedule_log]

• 25 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Because our System Flows can be running quiet sometime, sometime hours, and I don’t want my deployment killing a running system flow I have developed a way to check whether a system flow is still running.

What I do is: 

• deactivated all running system flows
  • check if there is a system flow running (is there an empty  [end_date_time] in [process_flow_schedule_log])
  • If so wait sometime and check again
  • If not start deployment.

And of course I put on a max time the deployment will wait, if it takes more time, the deployment is aborted.

But now I’m seeing quite often that the [end_date_time] is not filled. It looks like that if a system flow encounters an error, it aborts and doesn’t write the  [end_date_time] in it’s [process_flow_schedule_log].

Therefor my checks are failing and deployments are aborted much to often.

I would think that the [end_date_time] should always be filled.

Is there a solution for my problem or is this a flaw?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 25 August 2021, 17:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Eric,

Which version of Indicium are you running? The End date should be filled even when an error occurs during the execution of a process flow. 

Example

Badge +7

The version of indicium which I’am working with is 2021.2.10. I see what you mean, In my schedule log I do not have the 'abandoned’ field.

So i have to wait a little time...

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The version of indicium which I’am working with is 2021.2.10. I see what you mean, In my schedule log I do not have the 'abandoned’ field.

So i have to wait a little time...

The Abandoned column has been added in the 2021.3 version for Indicium to be able to register when it abandoned the execution of a System flow, but nevertheless the End date should always be filled. When possible, upgrade to the latest version of Indicium (2021.2.18)