Question

Forgot Password not working despite Exchange setup.

• 26 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have a TW app running in Azure.

For the case a password needs to be reset we want to start using the Forgot password feature:

However the feature simulates to work for non-existing names (claims to have sent a token), but returns an error on valid accounts (email address).

No mails are sent so no reset is possible.

We have setup the Exchange connection as described below, but still.

How do we get this to work?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alfons,

The Forget Email passwords are sent out by Indicium and do require configuration to my knowledge. Depending on your platform version, you may need to alter the appsettings.json of Indicium or setup the correct values in IAM for the System email provider.

Docs link: Settings and hotfixes | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Or if the above is not available due to an older platform version: Indicium configuration | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com) 

Hope this helps!

Badge

Well. This messed things up a bit. I have made the changes to the appsettings and IAM as described, but it didn't work and the signon screen is now messed up. I tried a different computer and browser, but the sign-on problem persists:

I can move past it and click two additional times to get to the sign-on screen. The original problem also stil exists.

What I would like to have is a clear step by step document for this. This is taking more time than it should. Most steps I need to perform are quite simple though need some time to execute. However it is easy to make a single mistake or take a wrong turn which makes things not work.

Could you compose and share an example setup?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @AlfonsM,

but returns an error on valid accounts (email address)

Are you still getting this error? If so, can you have a look at Indicium’s error log and see if it contains more details regarding this error? If the details seem sensitive in nature, then I would recommend creating a ticket instead.

Well. This messed things up a bit. I have made the changes to the appsettings and IAM as described, but it didn't work and the signon screen is now messed up.

It seems like you have either configured an OpenID provider or Two-factor authentication in IAM, in both of these cases the Universal GUI can no longer handle the authentication itself and it will delegate this to Indicium. It is possible that email 2FA had already been configured on your user and that configuring an email provider in IAM caused it to enable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @AlfonsM,

Did you manage to resolve the issue or do you need futher assistance?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AlfonsM,

Can you please respond to Mark his latest question? Thanks in advance!