Solved

Error when opening report

• 22 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello,

For some users I get an error whilst loading a Crystal Report in the application.

Since the reports are uploaded in the Software Factory, I am not sure which location I need to grand access to.

Is there a way to locate this?

Stack trace:

Stack trace:
bij CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.EngineExceptionUtils.DoThrowException(String message, EngineExceptionErrorID id)
bij CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ExceptionThrower.ThrowEngineException(String messageID, EngineExceptionErrorID id)
bij CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
bij CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)
bij Thinkwise.CrystalReports.Shared.CrystalReportUtils.CreateReportDocument(String reportPath, TSFProvider provider, DBConnectionInfo connectionInfo, ReportContentLocale reportContentLocale)
bij Thinkwise.CrystalReports.Shared.CrystalReportUtils.CreateReportDocument(TSFReport report, String reportFilePath, IApplicationLogicConnection connection, TaskReportParameterRow paramRow)
bij Thinkwise.CrystalReports.CrystalReportsExecuter.PrintPreview(TSFReportView report, String reportFilePath, Boolean isMandatory, IApplicationLogicConnection connection, TaskReportParameterRow paramRow)
bij Thinkwise.TSFComponents.TaskReport.PrintPreviewReportInvocation.EndInvoke()
bij Thinkwise.Shared.AsyncUtils.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Invoke>b__0(Object x)
bij Thinkwise.Shared.AsyncUtils.Invoke(SynchronizationContext sc, Action action)
bij Thinkwise.TSFComponents.TaskReport.TaskProgressWorker.backGroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 22 November 2021, 13:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Peter,

For a Print preview to work, the report file will be downloaded to a local location for the user. This is similar to a temporary location like "C:\TEMP”. I guess that is not working. Could it be that some users do not have access to the GUI's cache folder? Do your users work via the DotNet.exe or the Clickstart.exe?

My local cache folder for instance is:

C:\Users\mjongeling\AppData\Local\Thinkwise Software\GUI\develop\Cache

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Mark,

The users work with the Clickstart.exe

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you check for one of the users where it’s not working if the corresponding report is inside the cache folder? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Erwin, Mark,

The file is not in the location where I find it when I do it:

C:\Users\PKruis\AppData\Local\Temp

When the other user does this, his Local\Temp folder does not has this file, but he has full rights.

Do you know how to use the impersonation-feature? Following loging in as that user, with executionmode=developer, you can open the folder with cached files:

The reports are in that folder, under Cache/Images/[projectname]/Report/

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The customer found the problem: as said above, a rights issue for the specific user or group the users was in. 

Thanks all.