Solved

Endpoint name and JSON body type error in the 'deployment automation' documentation

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

First off, I’m not sure where I was supposed to report this. There was a blog from 3 years ago (link) referring to an open source repository of the documentation on GitHub. However, this has since been archived and doesn’t indicate that it is being maintained anywhere else. Thus leaving me unable to open a simple pull request.

Now I’m here, where a relatively small improvement report like this doesn’t really fit the ‘Question’, ‘Conversation’, or ‘Idea’ categories. If there’s another/better way, let me know! 

When following the documentation on deployment automation, I’ve ran into some difficulties. These difficulties were mainly from the documentation being incorrect. I’m referring to the following page and section (markdown anchor included in url): https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/deployment_automation#automate-the-creation-of-a-deployment-package

The JSON snippet here indicates that the POST request endpoint to indicium is task_start_deployment_package. However, this should be start_deployment_package, without the ‘task_’ prefix. This should fix a 404 response to any documentation followers.

Next, the JSON body of the request has two incorrect types for two key/value pairs.

"upgrade_method": "0" is of type number, i.e. should be 0 in the example, without double quotes.
"verify": "1” is of type number, i.e. should be 1 in the example, without double quotes.

Finally, this should fix a 422/500 response to any documentation followers.

The most interesting finding to me was that a news blog from 6 months ago doesn’t have these errors: 

Kind regards,

Petar

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 17 August 2022, 07:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Petar,

Usually you can report these errors as a ticket in TCP but it is no problem to report it here. Thank you for noticing, I'll make sure it gets resolved. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This has been fixed in the Docs now https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/deployment_automation#automate-the-creation-of-a-deployment-package