Question

Email provider Graph

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 400 replies

Is there any link, documentation or whatsoever to help a non microsoft person to get the email provider using graph working. I just don't get it to work, and there are no logs with error messages to get me started. 

Where do I make the client, and how I see if it works. I added as a test a graph client/secret (made it via de azure identity > Applications), made a notification template and send myself a notification via email. I just see status 'failed to send' but cannot find anything in any logs. 

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Curious to know the answer, have the exact same situation here. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi. Any updates on this? I understood that you would be able to shed some light on this @Roel ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Good morning Freddy and Dennis,

The email client can be configured in IAM in the ‘Global Settings’ Screen. From there you can go to the ‘ Email Providers’ and run the task ‘Switch email provider type’. In the parameter dialog you can enter the MS Graph settings and this should be enough to get it working.

The documentation could be more clear about this so i will send them a notification :)

If you still cannot get it to work please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Roel

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Good morning Freddy and Dennis,

The email client can be configured in IAM in the ‘Global Settings’ Screen. From there you can go to the ‘ Email Providers’ and run the task ‘Switch email provider type’. In the parameter dialog you can enter the MS Graph settings and this should be enough to get it working.

The documentation could be more clear about this so i will send them a notification :)

If you still cannot get it to work please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Roel

For me apparently it’s not enough. It doesn’t work, and my guess is I need a more elaborate guide to make the correct setup to get a client_id etc from Microsoft. I filled in all fields and it just doesn’t work, and there are no errors or logs to start finding out what is wrong.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey Freddy,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you mean that you don’t know how to register an appplication in Azure and how you can get the client_id and the client secret?

In that case you could follow the following step:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/scaling-indicium#create-a-new-app-registration

You can skip step 2.

Once the app is created you can see its Client ID and Secret in the app overview.

This values can be entered in the task popup in IAM.

Hope this helps.

Roel

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hey Freddy,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you mean that you don’t know how to register an appplication in Azure and how you can get the client_id and the client secret?

In that case you could follow the following step:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/scaling-indicium#create-a-new-app-registration

You can skip step 2.

Once the app is created you can see its Client ID and Secret in the app overview.

This values can be entered in the task popup in IAM.

Hope this helps.

Roel

This I did. But in this cas IAM says can’t sen email. So I guess then it’s authorization of the App registration? I have’ “send mail”, that’s not enough? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Roel . I get this:

2024-05-07T14:05:05.4761350+00:00  [ERR] Process action "email_connector" in process flow "system_flow_send_email_notification" in application 41 threw an exception. (dedd009e)
Status Code: 0
Microsoft.Graph.ServiceException: Code: generalException

---> Azure.Identity.AuthenticationFailedException: ClientSecretCredential authentication failed: AADSTS7000112: Application '95db040b-0b4d-4b21-841a-8120de13d93b'(APP) is disabled. Trace ID: 3fe3082e-0644-4114-ae0f-26b9a1404b00 Correlation ID: c53ebc23-4b3c-494c-8bb6-9a06969a31e3 Timestamp: 2024-05-07 14:06:26Z
 ---> MSAL.NetCore.4.56.0.0.MsalServiceException: 
    ErrorCode: unauthorized_client
Microsoft.Identity.Client.MsalServiceException: AADSTS7000112: Application '95db040b-0b4d-4b21-841a-8120de13d93b'(APP) is disabled. Trace ID: 3fe3082e-0644-4114-ae0f-26b9a1404b00 Correlation ID: c53ebc23-4b3c-494c-8bb6-9a06969a31e3 Timestamp: 2024-05-07 14:06:26Z

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @Freddy

Microsoft.Identity.Client.MsalServiceException: AADSTS7000112: Application '95db040b-0b4d-4b21-841a-8120de13d93b'(APP) is disabled.

It looks like the Service Principal (i.e. the app) is not enabled for authentication. You can try the following steps to resolve the issue.

Open up the Azure Portal, enter your client ID guid in the search bar and select the result that says Service Principal:

After this, click Properties on the left-hand side:

Ensure that the following setting is configured as Yes:

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Freddy

Microsoft.Identity.Client.MsalServiceException: AADSTS7000112: Application '95db040b-0b4d-4b21-841a-8120de13d93b'(APP) is disabled.

It looks like the Service Principal (i.e. the app) is not enabled for authentication. You can try the following steps to resolve the issue.

Open up the Azure Portal, enter your client ID guid in the search bar and select the result that says Service Principal:

After this, click Properties on the left-hand side:

Ensure that the following setting is configured as Yes:

I hope this helps.

I guess it helped, I see the login was succesful.. however still no luck. 

>>

Status Code: Forbidden
Microsoft.Graph.ServiceException: Code: ErrorAccessDenied

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Roel @Vincent Doppenberg i finally got it working, but really don't know how. It would be great if there would appear some documentation how to set it up, which permissions you have to give. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Nice that you’ve got it working Freddy!

We will add documentation for it in the future.