Solved

Does the debug tab work when you add the 'developer mode' for an user in IAM?

• 19 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

When I add the developer mode in IAM (user), I get the 'Developer’ tab in the GUI. Unfortunatelly the debug tab does not show any information. Is this the normal behaviour?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 19 August 2022, 17:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Andre, 

That is correct. The developer mode option is for additional options on the Indicium page. To get the Debug (developer tab), you'll have to add the executionmode = developer property in your .ini file.

Hope this helps, have a good weekend!

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Mark,

Is there a reason to separate this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This may be due to Universal not having a Developer tab, like the Windows GUI, and that the Windows GUI already was working with this .ini parameter. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

It would be nice if the setting in IAM had the same effect as the ini parameter. Then you don´t have to use different ini-files.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I agree, that would handy. You can make use of Global configuration - extended properties in IAM, there it is possible to list the executionmode = developer. That will allow all active applications inside IAM to have this setting.

Global configuration - extended properties

Would that suffice for now? You can create an Idea for this, and you'll have my vote 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

We always used a separate ini-file for developers, so it's not really a problem. It is more that I found the setting in IAM and was currious if this would replace the ini-setting. We definitely won't use this setting for all users. But with the setting in IAM, it would be easy to ask a user to startup again to get additional information🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Andre,

Edited: Nevermind, I found the code that does this. It looks like the Executionmode = developer is now (from 2022.2) also derived from the Developer mode option. That actually solved your idea too. I didn't realize we already implemented this 😅

There's a little bug at the moment regarding global configuration extended properties, but we are resolving this as I type.