Solved

Different translations for same link table (koppeltabel)

• 16 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Between two tables I have a link table for creating an nxm relation.

This link table is a detail of the two original tabels, but has a different translation for both.

For instance let's say we have a table owner and a table property. An owner can own multiple properties and a property can have multiple owners, so two references are added.

The detail of owner must be translated to Properties, while the same detail of property should be translated to Owners.

How do I achieve this in TSF?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 16 March 2021, 09:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Roy,

You can use Table variants. One of the benefits of a variant is that it can have it's own translation object and therefore can be translated differently.

Set Translate to 1

When Translate is checked, a Translation object can be generated and translated in the Translation screen. 

About the references, go to the owner table and the property table in Subjects and navigate to Links > Detail. Default a Detail opens the main table, but you can adjust that here.

Set the Detail table variant

Set the correct variant to open when the Detail is used.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Mark,
I was hoping for something different, but this works.

At least this gives you the opportunity to also add a different screen type to the variant, for instance when you just want a grid and not the opportunity to change … or limit which columns to change, etc.