Solved

DevExpress and Reportingservice 5: Showing a modal dialog box error

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I use the Reportingservice V5 to print a DevExpress report. This gives me the following error:

Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

I use the same report to create a pdf and that works fine. I also use the same report within the (Windows) gui and that also works fine. So why would the report try to show a dialog form when I try to print it using the Reportingservice? Any help would be appreciated.

Using TW 2022.1 and Reportingservice 5

icon

Best answer by Jasper 30 August 2022, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A possible reason for the popup to show is a mandatory report parameter without a value.
Could that be the case?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I don't think so. I checked all of them and the point is that I can create a pdf of that same report and I can also mail that pdf. That all seems to work fine. I use only 1 report parameter. I also checked the params in the get_reports procedure.

I suspect it is something similar to a pop-up generated because of incorrect margins or alike. Is that possible? Is it possible to suppress these kind of dialogs in DevExpress?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This has been fixed in the 5.04 release of the Reporting Service.