Solved

'Data is null' error while generating control procedure

• 9 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I have started a new project in the SF 2021.3 and created a task. When I try to generate a control procedure I receive the following error:

I am unable to find the cause of this error. Any help?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 9 December 2021, 15:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

Can you open the Software Factory in developer mode by adding executionmode = developer in the .ini? This way you can expand the Message and it's easier for us to see what is going on. Personally I have never seen this pop-up so I'm also curious.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Here comes the Stack trace:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_String()
   at Thinkwise.Tooling.CodeGeneration.TSFProgObjectList.GetProgObjects(IToolingConnection conn, String controlProcId, String progObjectId, Boolean onlyToBeGenerated, Boolean onlySelected)
   at Thinkwise.Tooling.CodeGeneration.TSFCodeGenerator.GenerateSourceCode(String projectId, String projectVrsId, String controlProcId, String progObjectId, Boolean onlyToBeGenerated, Boolean onlySelected, String tabId, String taskId, String reportId, String processFlowId, String subroutineId)
   at Thinkwise.Tooling.FunctionalityModeler.CustomTasks.GenerateProgObjectsCode.Execute(TSFController contextController, TSFTask task, IApplicationLogicConnection connection, DataRow paramRow)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hmm, doesn't ring a bell to me. Could you report this in TCP? Then we can take a closer look at it. Thanks!

Hi @Hugo Nienhuis and @Mark Jongeling, have you found the cause of this? I am running into the same problem at the moment. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Hugo Nienhuis and @Mark Jongeling, have you found the cause of this? I am running into the same problem at the moment. Thank you!

Yes, this is caused by having an empty Project folder specification. This is needed for the Functionality modeler (generating code) to function properly.

You can fill in a Project folder specification in Project overview > Project version. Additionally you can add a Project folder specification in Configuration in the SF to ensure new projects also get a folder specified.

Hi Mark, thanks so much for the lightning fast response. My Project folder specification seemed to not be empty for the version I'm working in. I could also generate my new Context just fine, but my new View gave the same error Hugo had. 

However, I just tried to generate the definition of my project. It gets stuck at 3% recently, so I had to cancel it, but that somehow seems to have done the trick anyway. Something to try for anyone else experiencing this in the future. Thanks again Mark!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Mark, thanks so much for the lightning fast response. My Project folder specification seemed to not be empty for the version I'm working in. I could also generate my new Context just fine, but my new View gave the same error Hugo had. 

However, I just tried to generate the definition of my project. It gets stuck at 3% recently, so I had to cancel it, but that somehow seems to have done the trick anyway. Something to try for anyone else experiencing this in the future. Thanks again Mark!

I recommend Generating definitions again. It may look stuck at 3%, but the importing of base projects can take a while. After that, please check if everything work again.

Is your Project folder specification a folder that you (and the GUI) can reach? It may be filled but if the folder does not exists or you do not have access to it, that can cause some trouble.

Otherwise, we'll need a ticket to look deeper into the issue.