Solved

Create a tile submenu

• 13 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

We have two modules in our app. Both modules have a lot of Tiles in the menu.

I would like to have 2 tiles, each opening a sub menu to display all tiles relevant for that module. 

This prevents a lot of clutter on the main screen.

I’ve tried with a view with detail references, set null as the sub_menu-table_id in the template, but - as expected - it does not open the whole table, only the subtable_id of the underlying table. 

Any way this can be done? 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 17 January 2023, 10:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Blommetje,

There is currently no way to achieve that with the tile menu. Can you create an idea for this?

For your detail idea, are those details references empty? i.e. there are no reference columns. I'd think that should do what you want.

Kind regards,

Tim de Lang

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Blommetje,

It is possible to create this manually by use of the detail tiles screen type component. It is not the easiest to set up because it is not supported by the Software Factory by default, but it is possible. If you want to know more, let me know and I can try to explain.

Kind regards,

Renée

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Blommetje, were the answers sufficient, can this topic be closed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Well, the anwers, yes. @Renée Evertzen is pretty awesome with her solution.

However, since Universal does not support tile menu it's useless. It works ‘ok-ish’ in web/win, not the way a user would be happy with it. 

(As long as Universal does not support some what I think is quite basic stuff, I'm not happy with it. No help-file, no sub-menu, no drag-drop, not very keen on the font-size and some other stuff..  so.. in general..  I'm not happy with it. This topic is quite old; any news on this? )

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alexander,

Renée's solution works for the Windows GUI but indeed may not work for the Universal GUI. The implementation of multiple tile menu levels is something that is currently an Idea here on the Community like you mentioned. Be sure to vote on it 😄 I'll close this topic for now.