Solved

Cortex Barcode Configuration

• 9 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi all,

According to https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/domains#cortex-barcode-scanner and

we should be able to configure CORTEX_DECODER as the domain control. But we don’t see that option in control under domain. See screenshot: 

We are on platform version 2022.2.17.0

Any tips or help is appreciated.  

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 9 May 2023, 18:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Zachery,

The Cortex decoder is currently not part of the base data. We did add it in the next platform version (2023.2).

You can add the control by clicking the lookup icon, then adding a new row as follows:

CORTEX_DECODER

Badge

Hi @Mark Jongeling,

Why not? If I’m correct then this feature was included in the “Release notes Universal GUI (2021.2.13)”

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Cortex decoder is not a feature that is immediately usable and does require some added configuration. We heard from other clients that they were missing this control, so we have decided to add it in the base data. As this is not breaking any environments, and the workaround is simple, we decided to not release this as a platform improvement.

Badge

How can we do the added configuration without upgrading the platform?
Is there any documentation/manual about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Assuming you are on platform version 2022.2, and using GUI version 2022.2.17, you can follow the Documentation on the Cortex decoder to configure it.

In the Universal GUI's config.json file, add an entry like this:

"cortexLicense": "your-license-key-here",

To use the Cortex barcode scanner, you need a license from the manufacturer. For more information, see https://codecorp.com/products/web-sdk.

Badge

@Mark Jongeling and step 1 says: Configure CORTEX_DECODER as the domain control.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Zachery,

The Cortex decoder is currently not part of the base data. We did add it in the next platform version (2023.2).

You can add the control by clicking the lookup icon, then adding a new row as follows:

CORTEX_DECODER

After you've added the control, you can assign it to your domain.

Badge

@Mark Jongeling Now I get it. To be honest, i did not know that we could create our own domain controls. Thank you.