Skip to main content

If I select a single property in the grid to copy this, it copies the whole row.

So when I paste my text which I selected and copied, it paste all values of that row 

By the way: if you select text from a multiline field (with word wrap), copy works.

Hi @avandervelden,

This should be fixed in 2024.3.10 version of the Universal GUI. Are you using that version?

Looks like we need an upgrade soon.

Copy of single property now works. If you select part of a text, it still copies the whole content of the selected property. Maybe something for next release

@avandervelden In Edge I can copy specific selected text by using the Copy option in the right-click default browser context menu instead of Ctrl + C. In the Form it works as you expect.

Given the nature of a Grid, I actually feel like the current behavior is fine as it is usually expected to quickly copy an entire field value (see for example how hard it is is in Excel to select specific text in a field and only copy that).

If you believe current behavior is not expected, feel free to raise a TCP ticket for this. I don't regard this a high priority, so don't expect it in a next release.