Solved

Copy project folder task does not copy project folder

• 26 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

I'm not sure if it happened after the update to version 2020.1, but if I do a creation and I get the question if I want to copy project folder then no new version folder will be created. Permissions on the directory are correct. It is noticeable that in the "Copy project version" screen Project is empty and the version is set to 1.00.

I can select the project and set the correct version number and all is being update except the creation of the new folder.

What could be the cause of this?

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 27 March 2020, 07:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello CoolRunnin,

Could you please check in your Project overview → Project version how your Previous project version under ‘Version control’ has been set up?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Bart,

It says 1.44 (inactive) and I am working in 1.45 at the moment. Tab [List] shows this:

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi,

The next time you are prompted to create a new project version after deploying, can you try to skip this step and instead go to the Projects menu group, open Project overview and copy the project version to a new version from there?

This function should work the same, I’m curious to hear whether the To: Project id is filled properly here and the project folder is copied properly from here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Anne,

I will do and let you know

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi

That is much better:

Now you probably want to know what the Creation Process does. I will let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi,

The fact that it works differently on this screen and the creation screen is enough to warrant a ticket. Can you please report this in the TCP. We'll keep you posted on the progress and a resolution there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Anne,

Thanks, I will create a ticket in TCP.