Solved

Convenient way to login on mobile device

• 28 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are busy developing a Thinkwise application in Universal GUI. The users are Windows Users, which are created in Active Directory. The password policy makes passwords strong, meaning that users must use letters, numbers, and special characters.

Entering the username and strong password on a mobile device is difficult because of the emulated keyboard.

Does anyone have experience with a way in which users can (more) easily log in to the Universal interface on a mobile device?
We are already testing with barcodes and QR codes, and for the username this could possibly be a workable solution. But having passwords printed in code form available is undesirable from a security point of view.

We'd love to hear your experiences and tips!

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 20 January 2022, 09:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

How about using the "remember me” checkbox is that an option? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Erwin

Thanks for your responce.

The “remember me” checkbox helps when 1 person uses a device.

When multiple persons use the same device this isn't a working sollution..

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I'd almost think of some biometrics such as finger prints, iris scan. Or maybe a tag reader (rfid) or a hardware password key. Difficulty here is that all these kinds of mechanism you probably need changes in the Thinkwise platform I think. I don't know your exact situation and needs, maybe is a device per employee a solution?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks for your input Rene

The idea of a dedicated device per employee may be suitable. But with changing teams in the warehouses and, for example, to be able to easily exchange broken devices, a "device-independent coupling" is preferred.
The use of a biometric link is interesting. For example, being able to log in with facial recognition would be a nice extension of Thinkwise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

I suggest voting on this idea regarding alternative ways of logging in: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks for the tip Mark.
Voted