Solved

Configure menu per tenant

• 20 August 2021
  • 2 replies

As an ISV we're dealing with different customers and because of that with different customer needs. Although we came up with a standard application, with a standard order of the menu-items, every customer works slighty different and want to change this order. From this perspective it would help us a lot if we could configure the order of the menu-items within a tenant (in IAM we configure a tenant per customer).

I hope there is a solution. Otherwise this question can be converted into a new idea.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 20 August 2021, 10:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

In the past I made an Idea for this as the menu currently is not customizable per user: Customizable menu | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com). I do think the idea nowadays can be expanded upon and take into account tenants and their desired configuration of menu items. The challenge lies in swapping menu items around and maybe even create new menu groups, but that is part of the design that would be made for the idea. 

For now, you could make dedicated menu's for each tenant in the model, then in IAM assign rights to the correct menu for each tenant. This is of course not ideal and that’s another reason why the named idea above would be great to see implemented. Please give it an upvote :smile:

Hi Mark,

thanks for your quick response. I like the idea you made in the past and gave it an upvote. Hopefully it will reach the next step (review and production). Your suggestion of making dedicated menu's for each tenant in the model is not ideal and therefore not the solution we are looking for :wink: .