Solved

Configurable prefilters per user group

• 5 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have seen this topic, but that does not solve what I want.

We have a TW application, running at several customer sites.
One of the main forms is a view presenting a list of records.

I want the possibility to add a default prefilter for an IAM user group
This prefilter will not be predefined in SF because the prefilter could be different per customer.  So this is a consultancy solution.

There is IAM, Authorization, User groups, Group preferences, Default prefilters; but here I can only select a default prefilter as created in SF. I need to be able to create a prefilter in IAM, based on a column value.

I find something that looks like what I'm searching for, but this is per user and making it ‘default’ does not seem to work. This is in: IAM, Authorization, Users, User preferences, Prefilters. Here I can define a custom prefilter using the ‘prefilter columns’ tab. Only I can't get it to default activate after loading the application. It can be manually activated though, using the ribbon.

I would like the same per user group, and the possibility to enable it by default when starting the application (when the form is loaded).

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 5 February 2024, 13:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Wilfred,

This screen in IAM might be of interest: 

Setup Default prefilter for User group

In IAM, via User groups > Group preferences > Default prefilters, you are able to enable a particular prefilter as Default active in a given Table (variant). You can choose between the location Master (main screen), Detail, and Look-up to ensure the prefilter is active in the right place. 

Does this suffice?

Badge

@Mark Jongeling 

Hi Mark, thanks.

No, unfortunately this screen only lists the prefilters as programmed in SF. I need to be able to create a custom prefilter per user group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Wilfred,

I see, that is indeed not possible at the moment. It is also a tad probematic to do such thing in IAM as the administrator may not know the underlying data model, nor will these prefilters be authenticated in any way at that point. Also data model changes might affect the workings of this prefilter.

To get to the core of the challenge, what does this custom prefilter look like? Is there a generic part that can be tweak slightly per user group? It can be pseudo code but it is something like this:

t1.column = 'column_value'

Badge

Hi Mark,

It is already possible in IAM per user:

So the technique already exists. So why not per user group ?

Yes, it would be a simple prefilter like t1.column = ‘value'.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah like that 😄 These screens are made to support Custom prefilters in the GUI's. We can certainly make this for User groups too. Feel free to create an Idea for this!

Idea made here: Ability to create prefilters per user group in IAM | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)