Solved

Colorspace error in PDF file

• 11 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

When generating a report in a system flow and using the report data stream as input for a write file connector the resulting PDF file produces an invalid colorspace error when opening in Acrobat Reader.

I’ve already tried several settings such as ANSI encoding in the write file connector without preamble. Notepad++ confirms that the file is indeed saved in ANSI. The file starts with a readable PDF header just like any other PDF file.

The same report produces working PDF files in another regular (non-system) process flow.

How can I produce working PDF files in a system flow?

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 11 October 2022, 14:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello Roland,

What datatype are you using for you data process variable? In this case a VARBINARY should be used for the process variable and a preamble should not be used. Also setting an encoding should not be necessary.

Is the report working correctly in Indicium when opening it with the Universal GUI?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello Dick. I’ve changed the process variable to varbinary(max) but then I get an unknown error in the universal gui. The flow worked with varchar(max) before.

Not sure what causes this new error.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Roland,

Are you using process procedures on the database for this process flow? Changing the process variable datatype changes the process procedure parameter so it might be required to apply them again.

Does the Indicium log give more insights in what is going on?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Of course! After reapplying the procedure it works. PDF files can now be opened successfully.

The system task doesn’t contain the now varbinary parameter but I didn’t realize until now that the process procedure always contains all process variables as parameters. Thank you for the solution.