Solved

CID in Email from exchange connector

• 20 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I am trying to match a CID (Content-ID) with an attachment of an email that was synced using the Exhange Connector.

With other attachments, the filename is in the CID, like in the example below:

This is the case with most of the attachments. And when it’s like this I can match the attachments to the CID easily. Because in the exchange connector saves the file name in the exh_attachments column. With this I can show them in the HTML body, since the HTML body contains the CID’s.

However, in the image below the you can see that the CID is not having the imagename in it. Therefore it would be very nice if I was able to get the content-description (in this case image2.jpeg), with the CID. Then I can use the content-description to match the image in the HTML body of the email.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Peter

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 9 November 2021, 08:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Peter,

To be honest, I haven't worked with the Exchange connector before but maybe I can help. 

And when it’s like this I can match the attachments to the CID easily.

Where do you do this "matching”? Is that a default procedure or in the exh_table?

Therefore it would be very nice if I was able to get the content-description (in this case image2.jpeg), with the CID. Then I can use the content-description to match the image in the HTML body of the email.

Understandable, doesn't that written to the database? Or if this is a JSON response (Result) you are getting, you could extract the content description in SQL from the Result.

Hope to have given you an idea!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Mark,

I have opened the email headers. Which you can see in my second screenshot of my question (also below).

However, I cannot find these headers in the database. The matching is done manually by is a proc where we find the img tag with a certain CID and put the base64 data in there to show the images in the GUI.

If I have access to the headers of an email somehow, that would solve the issue, because then I can match the filename with CID.

Hope you can point me to the location of those headers, or that you can show me how to fetch those email headers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Mark Jongeling An update on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Peter,

I asked around but it seems no one has experience with obtaining these values and using them for content matching. Sorry that we can't help out on this. I'm also not sure if you can save/write these headers to the database and use them. Seeing the code of the Exchange base project, I don't see how. So I'm afraid it's not possible to write those headers to the database.