Skip to main content

Hi. I've exported a DEMO app and imported it into a new SF. When I wanted to deploy for the first time in the new environment, I get the following message on SQL server..  Where I would expect the SF to get into db/create .. because obviously this DB doesn't exist yet. 

Hi Freddy,

Does Indicium (the pool user "indicium”) have sufficient rights to access the given Server and provision databases? If the database does not exist, a database provisioning conenctor is used to create a database, but your error seems related to rights.

Hi Freddy,

Does Indicium (the pool user "indicium”) have sufficient rights to access the given Server and provision databases? If the database does not exist, a database provisioning conenctor is used to create a database, but your error seems related to rights.

Indicium user has sysadmin rights. 

The logging structure doesn’t ring a bell to me. It's not the Indicium log I think?

When connecting: If the database is not there, the DB and Create code files should both be On for the Execute source code process. Isn’t that happening?

The logging structure doesn’t ring a bell to me. It's not the Indicium log I think?

When connecting: If the database is not there, the DB and Create code files should both be On for the Execute source code process. Isn’t that happening?

There is no indicium log..  this is from the sql server.. 

I would expect indeed to have the db and create on .. now it tries to logon to a non existing database. 

@Mark Jongeling there is no hidden checkbox that steers that it tries to connect to a non-existing db? I guess it should check if it exists.. if not than you connect to the <default> not a specific DB. We have multiple environments, so I don't believe it's something in the setup or rights, as this default setup is deployed in the same way every time.. 

Hi Freddy, 

The Connect to DB job runs 5 queries on the target server and database. It will not fallback to any other server or database. If none of the queries return a result, we determine that the database does not exist and the DB and Create code file are flagged among other code files; allowing to to fully deploy the model.

The queries are:

select database_id from sys.databases where name = @db_name

select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_model_info'

select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_product_info'

if exists (select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_model_info')
begin
select top 1 sf_model_vrs
from sf_model_info
order by created_on_date desc
end

if exists (select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_product_info')
begin
select top 1 sf_project, sf_project_vrs
from sf_product_info
end

Based on the received results, we flag certain code files to be executed. If Indicium is unable to run these queries, which happens via an Application connector, then a status code is returned with the reason to why it was unable to execute the queries; e.g. not sufficient rights to the server/database.

Hope this sheds light on the process.

Hi Freddy, 

The Connect to DB job runs 5 queries on the target server and database. It will not fallback to any other server or database. If none of the queries return a result, we determine that the database does not exist and the DB and Create code file are flagged among other code files; allowing to to fully deploy the model.

The queries are:

select database_id from sys.databases where name = @db_name

select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_model_info'

select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_product_info'

if exists (select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_model_info')
begin
select top 1 sf_model_vrs
from sf_model_info
end

if exists (select name from sys.tables where name = 'sf_product_info')
begin
select top 1 sf_project, sf_project_vrs
from sf_product_info
end

Based on the received results, we flag certain code files to be executed. If Indicium is unable to run these queries, which happens via an Application connector, then a status code is returned with the reason to why it was unable to execute the queries; e.g. not sufficient rights to the server/database.

Hope this sheds light on the process.

I have run these scripts as indicium pool user and nothing is returned..  So it makes no sense that it tries to login this specifica database, as it has to be created.  There is something at hand, it's not rights.. because I can perfectly login with the pool user and execute the scripts. 

Maybe we should investigate this via a ticket. Could you create one?

Maybe we should investigate this via a ticket. Could you create one?

Created 10009S .. also test with new project.. same issue. Just says could not connect to database in stead of giving me the option to make DB and create project.