Solved

Can Universal GUI used without user_id and password

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The project I am working on needs to fill a form (which is developed in SF) by the candidates. This form will be sent as the link to the candidate in an email. When the candidate clicks this link it should take the candidate to the form. My question is :

1. If the candidate does not have the log in details for SF , can he still open and save his data through the form? 
  2. Can the universal GUI url open without user id and password?
icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 31 March 2022, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Rucha

Generally it is not possible to use applications anonymously. Authentication is always needed.

There are ways/workarounds were it is possible to inject a service-account making it possible for users to access the application under the same service-account. But we don't recommend this.

In version 2022.2, it will be possible to provision users to access applications. They can easily sign in with their e.g. Microsoft, Facebook or Google account, and be automatically created inside IAM and be assigned to the user groups as the administrator has specified. After the provisioning, the user can access and use the application. This works via OpenID.

Feel free to propose the idea of allowing creation of anonymous users / roles to allow people to access your application without logging in. The people will then automatically use a certain role for example.

Link to idea: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Mark, I have raised this as an idea too. Can you please explain the below in more details, in order to implement it:
“In version 2022.2, it will be possible to provision users to access applications. They can easily sign in with their e.g. Microsoft, Facebook or Google account, and be automatically created inside IAM and be assigned to the user groups as the administrator has specified. After the provisioning, the user can access and use the application. This works via OpenID.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks Mark, I have raised this as an idea too. Can you please explain the below in more details, in order to implement it:
“In version 2022.2, it will be possible to provision users to access applications. They can easily sign in with their e.g. Microsoft, Facebook or Google account, and be automatically created inside IAM and be assigned to the user groups as the administrator has specified. After the provisioning, the user can access and use the application. This works via OpenID.”

No worries, Release notes will be written for this explaining the functionality. The implementation is currently not possible but will be configurable in IAM.