Solved

Calculated column doesn't use domain values

• 20 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 389 replies

Hi. I've created a calculated column in SF and used the domain NUMERIC(16,8) ..  however apparently doesn't look to there.. it makes it NUMERIC(38,7).. however this calculation has 8 behind the decimal. How do I make it at least a precision 8?

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 22 April 2022, 13:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The domain is based on the input. What columns (data types) are used in the calculation and what is the calculation used as input for the column?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The domain is based on the input. What columns (data types) are used in the calculation and what is the calculation used as input for the column?

It use percentage NUM(8,2) 

round(power(((taxa_de_juros/100.0)+1.0)
,(1.0/252.0)),8)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The domain for the calculated column is determined by SQL server, not by the SF. Apparently the calculation result only has 7 digits, I tried several numbers and indeed it always returns 7 digits:

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The domain for the calculated column is determined by SQL server, not by the SF. Apparently the calculation result only has 7 digits, I tried several numbers and indeed it always returns 7 digits:

Ah, didn't see that… well the answer than is to force a cast to float of the POWER elements.. then I get my 8th digit.