Solved

Azure VM + Windows GUI (SF,IAM) + Azure SQL (SF,IAM) + Indicium, What I'm I missing?

• 21 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi all,

I need assistance as I’m not sure what I am missing. I’m trying to migrate our Development server to Azure and I’m facing some issues. 

So what I have done:

1. I have created a VM on Azure.
  2. I have an environment topology setup on Azure with its own (resource group, vnet, sqlserver, connection end points, App service etc etc..), VM is part of same topology.
  3. I have migrated the IAM and Software Factory DB from On Prem to my Azure SQL server.
  4. I have installed on my App service my required GUIs, Universal/WEB.
  5. I have installed on the App service and configured Indicium (Universal) and Indicium Basic.
  6. I have placed under the Azure VM the Windows GUI and made the correct connection to use indicium to authenticate for the users instead of windows as it was in the On-Premise.
  7. I created an IAM user and gave the privileges' of being an IAM admin and SF developer.

However my new IAM user can see the IAM app being an admin when opening the Windows GUI and Software factory, but the SF is not accessible. I have the menu of the SF but it cannot see any of the projects and none of the menu items are accessible as they are grayed out.

My on premise SF is configured with only AD windows login users, should I before transferring the SF DB create the IAM users as well and also the default RDBMS user of Azure SQL ?

What am I missing ? 

icon

Best answer by mperrott 22 July 2021, 15:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

OK so, as it turns out the SF is not able to communicate through the Indicium Basic IAM in order to access it on an Azure SQL. Not supported yet.

The SF settings access needs to be directly on the Azure SQL and the users needs to be as similar to on Premise. So basically create RDBMS users on IAM and on Azure SQL

I suppose I will need to wait until we get support of SF connecting to Indicium Basic or Indicium Universal or Windicium as per many stories suggest is coming. 

Thank you Barry for the help.