Solved

Automatic confirming field

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Is it possible to automatically add an enter (confirm) after entering a value in a field? 
It needs to have the same effect as the filter field

After entering a number in “Rij” it automatically needs to confirm the input

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 24 March 2021, 16:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

That is not possible. This could also be very difficult to understand for an user as suddenly the input is saved. For a number of reason, the user can stop typing for a moment. For Instance not knowing the row number fully, or being distracted. This could lead to unwanted results.

Feel free to create an idea for this and tell about how you would like to implement and use it for our application.

@Mark Jongeling

Hi,

That is not what i meant. If the “Rij” field is empty the “Kies positie” checkboxes are read only. After you put a value in “Rij” the “Kies positie” checkboxes become editable but you need to press the enter key to make them editable. My question was if it is possible to do that automatically without pressing the enter key every time i put a value in?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The problem is that the Layout procedure is making these checkboxes read-only (or editable). The Layout procedure will be executed upon confirming your input, either by TAB’ing, pressing Enter or selecting another field by clicking. Sadly there's no alternative to this.