October 28, 2022:
- Changed beta release to the full version: 2022.2.15.0
- Improvements for issues found in the previous beta release:
Due to changes in the previous beta release, in some cases opening a dropdown control could result in an error. In our case, the lookup presentation field was optional. This has been fixed. Now, if there is no value to display, the Universal GUI displays the database value.
In some cases, charts did not load their data. This has been fixed.
In this sprint, we made some improvements in the Scheduler and the Maps components. Also, we added a URL to include with TCP tickets, and you can now select all current page records in a grid with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A.
In these release notes you will find a full overview of these main features and all minor features and tasks.
We will keep you updated regularly about Universal's progress.
Universal GUI version 2022.2.15.0
Do not forget the documentation and be sure to keep the following in mind:
- A modern browser is required to access the Universal GUI, e.g., a recent version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari mobile. Using the Universal GUI with IE is not supported.
- The Universal GUI must be deployed on the same server as Indicium or an allowed origin in appsettings.json.
- The Universal GUI only works with version 2021.1 and up of the Thinkwise Platform.
- Make sure you run all hotfixes on the IAM and SF that you plan to use for the Universal GUI.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Indicium Universal.
Contents of this release
Scheduler component improvements
You can now activate the Scheduler component from a process flow.
With input parameters, you can now specify the date and time to scroll to.
Select all current page records with the shortcut Ctrl+A
When the focus is on a grid, you can now press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A to select all records currently displayed. With multiple pages, all records on a single page are selected.
Added URL to include with TCP tickets
When an error occurs in a Universal application, the error message now contains a URL that you can include when reporting this issue as a TCP ticket. This URL makes it easier for Thinkwise to find and solve the reported problem.
Maps component improvements
In the Maps component, when using a marker of type Circle, you can now set the circle size, as follows. The default value for radius is 200 pixels.
Other fixes and tasks
In this sprint, we fixed some scenarios where a process flow could become unresponsive without any possible user intervention to continue and finish. For example:
- An unknown process action within a process flow.
- Recovery when Indicium returns an error after being called.
- A process action targeting an unknown object, for example, a hidden detail tab or detail tile.
The following user actions resulted in unwanted auto-adjusted column widths. This has been fixed.
- Resizing empty header columns in a grid.
- Clicking on a column with attribute grouping on it.
- Switching documents.
- Opening row groups.
When executing a task that uploaded a large file, crashes and bad network requests could occur. This has been fixed.
When searching for an item in a lookup dropdown by typing, items were also matched by their underlying data value, which was unwanted. Now, items are only matched by the value shown on the screen.
In the Software Factory, you can configure the filter condition (type) of a field displayed in the filter form. However, in some situations, the filter conditions chosen are not supported. For example, a lookup field filtering with Contains did not behave as expected. Unsupported configured filter conditions will now be replaced internally with Equal to.
The Refresh functionality changed in the 2022.2.14 release did not work as expected in a default editable grid. When refreshing a record after an edit, the old values were restored. This has been fixed.
In a default editable subject, when typing in a combined filter, pausing, and then continuing typing, the focus moved to the top visible row, causing you to continue typing there. This has been fixed.
In some scenarios, a grid would blink when saving an edited record. This has been fixed. The overall grid performance has also been improved.
When filtering or pre-filtering process actions, the data was refreshed too often. This has been fixed. These process actions now wait until the data is refreshed in the client before the process flow continues.
Known issues in this release
These two issues are planned for the next sprint.
- In default edit mode, when changes are saved or canceled manually without leaving the record, in some cases the subject jumps out of edit mode.
- In default edit mode, when a record contains an error after a refresh, for example, a mandatory field without a value, in some cases you cannot cancel the changes.
What we will be working on next sprint
The next sprint we will be working on:
- Deep link to process flow - Final implementation of deep linking to process flow actions.
- History browsing (stage 1) - Enable history browsing for the main subject. You can then use the next and previous buttons in a web browser to open the previously opened subject.
- Implement new HTML Component - Add the new HTML component to Universal instead of the existing control.