Use developer mode in IAM instead of ini-parameter executionmode=developer

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

I found the setting ‘Developer mode’ in IAM. In the Windows GUI this gives you the extra tab ‘Developer’. Unfortunatelly you won't get debug information. It would be nice if the developer mode in IAM works the same as the ini-parameter setting.  

After running the SF upgrade 2022.2, I observed the exact same thing. Previously, we were using one .ini file where ExecutionMode = "Developer". Over time, we created two different .ini files for our final product. One .ini for end users with ExecutionMode = "Enduser" and one .ini for developers/application administrators with ExecutionMode = Developer. 

With the advent of the IAM Developer mode, I had hoped that this would replace the the connection parameter ExecutionMode in the configuration file. 

As Andre te Raa points out (the reason for this idea), the debugger does not currently work without this parameter in the .ini file.   

IAM | Developer mode instead of "ExecutionMode = Developer" .ini

You have my vote!

Hi @Andre te Raa and @Dennis van Leeuwen,

We released a hotfix for IAM 2022.2 in which automatically the executionmode=developer extended property will be weaved into the retrieval of Global configuration extended properties by the Windows GUI, based on if the User has the Developer mode active or is a Root administrator.

This does the trick, can you double check this solved the Idea?

Hi Mark,

Hotfix 20220823 is ​​not the solution to the desired idea. In the Windows GUI this gives you the extra tab Developer. Unfortunatelly you won't get debug information. 

No debug information 

NewCompleted

Due to two different ideas/problems in this Idea, I will set the Idea to Completed due to the Idea title being completed. From 2022.2, the Developer mode (or Root administrator) will result in the Developer tab appearing.

Debug information not showing is considered a bug which we already received a ticket about. We are looking into it.