Tabs stuck in old version of project in SF

Related products: Software Factory

Quite often I notice that tabs stick to the old version of a project after copying to a new version. I already made a habit of closing all tabs when creating a new version and opening them again afterwards. But sometimes the version number up in the menu bar also doesn’t go up causing all tabs to open in the old and now inactive project, without any notification that is. Usually I notice this but just now I didn’t and I only found out after making quite a few changes that I cannot upgrade the database because of this issue.

I would like to request, rather strongly :wink:, to make it possible to switch all opened tabs to the latest version, with the click of a button. Or otherwise to give us an optional setting to make it impossible to make any changes in an inactive project version, even if a tab was already connected to it when it was still active.

I will now manually revert all my changes and recreate them in the new project version. It would be a real time and hassle saver if this wasn’t allowed to happen anymore. :slight_smile:  Thanks!

Updated idea statusOpenDuplicate
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.