Standard API for combo elements

Related products: Indicium Service Tier

I would be great if the combo-elements can have a default API call to fetch translations for element ID's. 

NewOpen

Hi Freddy,

Can you elaborate on the Use case? What would an API endpoint or call for this resolve?

Hi Freddy,

Can you elaborate on the Use case? What would an API endpoint or call for this resolve?

Get the translations of domain element id's to my knowledge you cannot use $expand for this. 

Would this suffice for now?: Translating model objects in business logic | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

This way all translations are generated into a callable Function which you can let Indicium generate an endpoint for using the API option for subroutines.

Would this suffice for now?: Translating model objects in business logic | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

This way all translations are generated into a callable Function which you can let Indicium generate an endpoint for using the API option for subroutines.

It's an alternative .. I rather would see that for example $expand=transl_domain_element($select=name) or something would work.   

@Freddy If I understand you correctly: you would like to be able to receive the Domain element translation as part of a regular API call to a record? So for example: if you wish to receive a Contact record and the gender is registered with a Domain with elements, you would like to be able to retrieve the gender translation (e.g. male or female) to replace the 0 and 1 domain elements as part of the regular API call to the contact table.

If yes: sounds like a great idea to me!

@Freddy If I understand you correctly: you would like to be able to receive the Domain element translation as part of a regular API call to a record? So for example: if you wish to receive a Contact record and the gender is registered with a Domain with elements, you would like to be able to retrieve the gender translation (e.g. male or female) to replace the 0 and 1 domain elements as part of the regular API call to the contact table.

If yes: sounds like a great idea to me!

Yes indeed. Basically a domain with elements is a modelled reference table..  For the sake of uniformity and making just one call to get translated data it would be very nice if the $expand function would treat domain elements like it was any other lookup table.