Set flow frequency using expression field (customer defined value)

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

I would like to see some improvements in the the process schedule:

• Frequency to be fetched from tenant or user (expression), now it's a fixed value while in multi-tenant/multi-user environments could happen that you have a asynchronous system flow, where in our case a user can define how often a time info will be updated. 
  • When recurring, can starting at/to be not mandatory..  if empty then it's the whole day. I keep forgetting that 00 to 00 means not running. (separate idea)

NewOpen

Hi Freddy,

About the first dot, when using multiple applications you can alter the schedule per application based on the Tenant their needs and wishes. If indeed you have 1 application that multiple tenants log-on to, it can only abide to one single schedule. Logic is then required to block further execution of processes that this System flow starts.

You can create Custom schedules, if allowed for the System flow, so per application a different schedule can be created and/or chosen. Does this suffice? Or else, how do you see it functionally working?

For the second dot, I'll create a new idea in your name as this is something that is more easily implemented. Edit: Ability to set System flow schedule frequency to run all-day | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

OpenNeeds feedback

Hi Freddy,

About the first dot, when using multiple applications you can alter the schedule per application based on the Tenant their needs and wishes. If indeed you have 1 application that multiple tenants log-on to, it can only abide to one single schedule. Logic is then required to block further execution of processes that this System flow starts.

You can create Custom schedules, if allowed for the System flow, so per application a different schedule can be created and/or chosen. Does this suffice? Or else, how do you see it functionally working?

For the second dot, I'll create a new idea in your name as this is something that is more easily implemented. Edit: Ability to set System flow schedule frequency to run all-day | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

I don't want the frequency fixed up front, in the end in some cases it's the client who could decide if it runs every 5 minutes or 60 minutes dependent on how frequent they would like the update. I am looking for ways to make that happen, because it needs to be a repetitive flow, but I don't want to be pinned to a fixed value in the IAM, and it's not always per application based, can be per tenant and in my scenario per registered organization.. 

Hi Freddy,

Indicium needs a fixed value for the application to run the System flow as intended. What you could opt to do is place a queue or gateway with self-written logic to determine when a process needs to run or not.

Similar to Jobs in the Software Factory, the system flow creates runs every 5 seconds, but if there no Job (process) pending to be run, the system flow run will simply end. This you could also do for yourself based on the users’ created schedule.

Based on your reply I would say the schedule in IAM runs every 10 seconds, but users can influence at what interval that system flow then performs modifications to their dataset. So if they say every 5 minutes, then it creates an entry in a queuing table every 5 minutes and the system flow looks every 10 seconds into that queue to see if there's a record. If there is, then it runs the process and otherwise it ends the process.

Due to all users/tenants/registered origanizations having different needs it would be indeed very difficult to predict what schedule would be suitable. But the value/schedule in IAM has to be a fixed value for Indicium to run the system flow consistently. I propose you add logic to the system flow to determine when and when not to continue its process. Would that suffice?

@Freddy

Due to all users/tenants/registered origanizations having different needs it would be indeed very difficult to predict what schedule would be suitable. But the value/schedule in IAM has to be a fixed value for Indicium to run the system flow consistently. I propose you add logic to the system flow to determine when and when not to continue its process.

Would that suffice?

@Freddy

Due to all users/tenants/registered origanizations having different needs it would be indeed very difficult to predict what schedule would be suitable. But the value/schedule in IAM has to be a fixed value for Indicium to run the system flow consistently. I propose you add logic to the system flow to determine when and when not to continue its process.

Would that suffice?

Yes, i'll register the last update timestamp and then validate it agains the user set interval. But it still would be more powerful if we could make IAM/Indicium a bit smarter and user it more in our application..