Optimize Universal GUI for desktop users

Related products: Universal GUI

Edited by moderator, the following ideas are created to replace this one:

------------------------------------------------------

Can the Universal GUI also be optimized a bit more for desktop users? I want to be able to give all end users a great experience.

It is currently impossible to build screens that look really professional, do not raise questions and simply work pleasantly.

For example:

Be able to give fields in forms a minimum and/or maximum width (absolute and %) 

Be able to put tasks and actions in a logical place 

No prefilters, search field, Add and Refresh buttons in Forms

They seem like small details, but they do matter and are necessary to gain trust with the end users

Since most of these things currently are possible in Windows GUI I assume that these are already on the backlog somewhere. And it is defenitely a good idea to show community commitment to this :D 

NewOpen

Hi Harm,

Because this idea contains multiple ideas, it will be difficult to accurately display the status. The current status or reply for the listed points:

Be able to give fields in forms a minimum and/or maximum width (absolute and %) 

We will not be doing this. Universal GUI works with percentages to ensure that forms work for every type of screen. The Formfield width recorded in the model will be used to determine the exact percentage needed. 

Be able to put tasks and actions in a logical place 

The Task bar can be placed anywhere on your screen with a few points to note:

• Only horizontally at this moment (Vertically → On the Backlog)
  • Not directly under the general Action bar (By design)
  • The positioning of other types of bars such as the Prefilter bar and report bar can not be changed yet (On the backlog)

No prefilters, search field, Add and Refresh buttons in Forms

This is currently not possible platform-wide. This is something we would have to discuss internally

For the hiding of the Refresh button, the following Idea was raised:

I can create the following Ideas in your name:

• Position bars in any order and place
  • Orientate bars vertically
  • Ability to hide buttons and functions in the Form

Agreed @Harm Horstman😄. Then I'll close this idea and link the newly created Idea here so the voters can revote.

Mark,

Although I find this a bit strange question, it's no problem for me to make it 3 separate ideas, but the votes must not be lost! So if you make it 3 ideas and assign the same votes to each idea, then it's good for me.

The purport of the original idea should be clear. We simply need to have a Universal GUI that works well for both desktop and mobile users as soon as possible. 

We look forward to a full-fledged Universal GUI in one of the next releases.

Hi @Harm Horstman,

I have created the Ideas in your name. Feel free to reply in these new ideas any information or use cases that you would like to mention.

This will ensure that we can communicate the progress of these ideas effectively.

As for migrating all votes, that is sadly not as easy as you would think, and also not entirely fair. The voters of this idea may not find every idea as interesting as others, so I'll be sure to tag them all below so they can re-vote on the following created ideas:

Voters, feel free to vote on the above mentioned ideas 😄

@Andre te Raa , @groos , @Erwin Ekkel , @Freddy , @Ricky , @Blommetje , @Arie V , @Rafal Zaluski , @J. de Lange , @mperrott , @Jefferson Delacruz , @Rick , @Shawn Adrian Diño , @WarrenM , @Jason Philip A. Mortera , @Kasper Reijnders , @Alex Kerschkamp , @rbiram , @Sanne , @Patrick Zwinkels