Mouse hover timeout in Windows and Web GUI

Related products: Windows GUI

I don't have a clue how many of us are still using the Windows and Web GUI's instead of the Universal GUI, but I have noticed that the tooltip timeout (mouse hover / mouse over) of a field in the grid is absent in Universal, whereas in the Windows Gui a build-in timeout of some 4 or 5 seconds seems to be used…

In the Web gui the tooltip isn't even shown at all for the field in this example. But that could be to the fact that it's not the most recent Gui we're using.

It would be nice if a timeout could be set Application wide in for example the Extended Properties of an Application. 

In the example below we have a field that has aggregated various user messages in one field in the grid en when the mouse hovers over the field, the aggregated message is shown. Perhaps it isn;t the most elegant solution, but it covers what the user needs.

In Universal the popup stays indefinitely

In the Windows GUI a user has to be very quick in reading, as the popup dissapears in a few seconds. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that the tooltip isn't limited in width… It is extended over the current windows’ dimensions..

I would like to see this fixed in the Windows GUI (configurable in Extended Properties would be sufficient when it's up to me).

NewOpen