Messages with sound

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

For applications where the user isn't always looking at the screen for visual confirmation it would be nice to have a way for them to be alerted to what's happening there.

For instance, when user hand scanners in the Windows GUI I have no way to alert the user that their scan has failed except for interrupting the whole process to show them a blocking message.

It would be great if I could use a (hidden) message to inform then of (un)succesful actions, where the message would play a sound from a file that's designated in the message.

Updated idea statusNewOpen

This is exactly what we are looking for! We have written a program in which we scan articles with a table scanner. In our old ERP/WMS system, a popup with the windows exclamation mark appears when an incorrect scan is scanned and we have linked a fairly loud ring sound in wav format to that exclamation mark in the windows sound settings. Is something like this possible in our Thinkwise application? We have been live with the new application since today, but users experience it as very annoying that this sound signal does not work from our Thinkwise popup (with the red cross). If this idea status is not finalized yet, do you think there is some sort of workaround, just to get some sort of a sound from Windows (like if we trigger an error of some sort that triggers a sound)?

Hello Hugo, 

This Idea is still open to vote on and has not been implemented yet. When its scheduled to be worked on we will update the status of this idea. Unfortunately there is no known workaround at this moment. 

This feature will become available in the Windows GUI with the 2022.2 version of the Thinkwise Platform next July. This idea will therefore be changed to status ‘Next release’. If this feature is also desired in another GUI, a separate idea for this can be raised.

Updated idea statusOpenNext release

Updated idea statusNext releaseCompleted

Messages with sound (Audio files) are now supported in Universal GUI from 2023.1.11 BETA

Link: 

Hello,

I've been experimenting with this feature but haven't been able to find out if is possible for the user to mute notifications specifically or if they are always enabled for all users who receive the message. We all have our own preferences with our phones / windows notifications and I would expect the same functionality here.

@KeesTap Would the browser setting ‘Mute site’ suffice for that?

That's a decent solution for universal, thanks. I was mainly thinking for the window's GUI where it is also available.