Display Combo/Radio elements as stars in form (and maybe list)

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

To make it easier for users to rate some values in our application, we give a value between 1 till 5. So we would like to give the option to rate with stars.

Basically the value on the database is ‘4’ for both. Would it be possible to create a control in the GUI to display elements like this?

The amount of stars can be the amount of elements you add to the domain. Condition is that the elements should have a increasing number on.

I like the idea, but can we make it a bit more flexible? Maybe be able to select your own ‘star’ picture?

We could use the image you can specify for a domain element in the SF. The only thing we miss is the counterpart icon when the element is unchecked / unselected.

The domain element could also specify the matching database value and a translation to show behind the field or show as tooltip for a item to select.

I was actually thinking about this Erik.

The default value of the field should be ‘0’.

The 0 data element should also be there as a domain element (for constraints...). But that 0 value can also contain the ‘empty’ starfield image.

When you hover over the field the translation should be shown yes, i was thinking to show it behind the stars. But it could also be in the tooltip text with a more detailed description.

------

And as a sidenote, You could even do 10 steps with half selected stars for when you click in between two stars. 

Sound more like a kind of slider control where you can choose a value between a defined range of values.

Hey @Michael ,

What do you think of my Inspiration Room suggestion? Is this what you need?

Please like that item if you do :)

From what i understood 3 months ago from Ester. Is that the way she developed it was intented to display the value.

My original idea was a way to make it easier to enter this data for the user, this idea that Ester made is only to display the data in a nicer way… Unless im wrong…?

I was reading up on this and also came across the solution posted by Ester. Just like Michael asked, it seems that Ester's solution is only for the data to be displayed as a 5-star rating.

I'm curious if there's a way to actually use the stars as input for the rating?