Deployment center install option to skip database provisioning

Related products: Deployment Center

It would be very nice to be able to skip some of the steps when you do a deployment with the deployment center. For example the creation step.

This counts for as wel as your projects and the SF/IAM databases. When the database already exists but it is empty I want it to use that one instead of having to delete it.

Hey @Kasper Reijnders ,

Looking at some of your other posts I assume you are running the platform on Azure?

If so, I take it that the problem you are having is that the create script always creates databases in the same tier and you would rather create an empty database with the correct tier beforehand. Version 3.1.0 of the deployment center, which will be available in TCP somewhere next week, will allow you to do this by allowing installation to be performed on the empty database. It will skip that specific script in this case.

Otherwise, if this idea is more about a way to skip any script like you can do in the Software Factory itself, I cannot say if or when such a feature would become available. We consider scripts in the deployment package to be “final” in the sense that they would be deployed to production environments. In my opinion it would not make sense to skip e.g. the script that applies task procedures to the database in that situation.

I think this sums up what I wanted to do, skip the database creation in deployment. Nice to hear that this arrives in the next version!

Skipping other steps does not add much value to me, at least not for now.

NewNext release

Let's consider the Idea is completed when the next Deployment center version is released 😄 if any other steps are desired to be skipped, please consider creating a new idea.

Next releaseCompleted