Date/DateTime filter for Universal

Related products: Universal GUI

As a developer, I want the filtering capabilities of Universal to be identical as the filtering capabilities of the Windows GUI.

The Windows GUI accepts form filters and combined filters for date and datetime fields. These work as expected. Universal however does not show these types of filters, as the capability is not implemented.

NewOpen

Yes please! We have a TCP open for this since August 2020… @Mark Jongeling our TCP is linked to Indicium, would that have to be the first component that needs to support this? In that case I presume it is on the roadmap for Windicium too?

Yes please! We have a TCP open for this since August 2020… @Mark Jongeling our TCP is linked to Indicium, would that have to be the first component that needs to support this? In that case I presume it is on the roadmap for Windicium too?

To clarify, the ticket in TCP is different from the idea raised here. Indicium’s date/datetime filtering capabilities are equal to, if not slightly greater than, the Windows GUI. Filtering on date/datetime values through the combined filter doesn’t work very well in the Windows GUI either. The reason for this is that ‘contains’ and ‘starts with’ comparisons on date/datetime columns don’t work very intuitively in SQL Server. Since this has always been the case and it is rarely used, the ticket has been marked as a request for change instead of an issue. We will be looking into ways to improve this, but it’s not trivial to do it perfectly.

@Vincent Doppenberg I see, if you ask me you could disregard/change the request in that TCP if we would:

• Be able to filter on Date and DateTime fields in the Filter Form in the Universal GUI (as far as I can see this is still not supported)
  • Have the Filter Form available as Pop-up ánd can be reached directly from the Filter bar (not the overflow menu).

What is this pending on and when is this planned to be supported if it's not that hard for Indicium?

I second Arie's question.

I also want to be able to filter a Date field in the filter form in Universal.

For me it isn't necessary to have functionality like ‘between’ or ‘greater than’ for example, a simple ‘equal to’ is good enough for now.

​ Hi everyone,

It is time for an update on this one.

Lately, we have been working hard on a lot of features to get complaint with the possibilities the Windows client has to offer. By that, filtering is also improved a lot.

As you can see in the screenshot both flavors of the filter forms now support filtering on dates and times using the operators offered in the dropdown.

In addition, Indicium uses the control-type of the date/time column to apply the filter value to the SQL query. E.g. by not taking the time part into account when filtering on control-type “date”.

​We do not advise​ to use the "Search/find” field to be applied to date/time type columns, as Vincent mentioned before.

Best regards,
Erik Brink

OpenCompleted