conditional formatting against a subroutine

Related products: Software Factory

Often we validate a field through a def procedure. I usually show an error message. 

However, a message is quite intrusive, so I want to show a different background/font color for this field. 

It would be nice if I can create a subroutine ‘validate iban number’ or - in my case - 'validate container number’. 

This subroutine will output a 1 or 0 (valid or not), and in the Conditional formatting, I can then select 'type of value’ = subroutine, and then select the corresponding one.

If value = 0 - not valid, set the font to red. 

Not sure of my train of thought is entirely correct, but you get the gist of it. 

This way I can reuse the validation and easily show my user that values are not correct.

Hi @Blommetje,

It seems to me that it should already be possible to achieve this behavior using a calculated column, can you verify this for me?

Depending on the situation, you can add a calculated column with calculation type ‘Expression’ or ‘Calculated column (function)’. Next, the conditional layout can be applied to column X depending on the output of the calculated column Y.

If you don't want to show the calculated column Y, you can always hide it.

Hope this helps.

Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

Yes, this is certainly possible. But I do this validation on several places. If I can select a Subroutine in the Validation Condition, I can reuse it, and not do it per table. So it feels like less work in my case. But not sure how often that occurs in other apps/scenario’s. 

For now i’ll do it this way!

Thnx

Needs feedbackClosed