Add option to disable column property Identity in tool Copy Columns

Related products: Software Factory

In the data modeler when add columns you have the option to select a set of columns and copy these columns into the selected table. I use this tool quite often. Unfortunately this copy option also copies the Identity setting from the selected columns. In 99% of the cases that I use this option I do not want this property to be copied.

I sometimes forget that this property will be copied. The result is a table where by accident a column has been marked as Identity column. It would be a of great help if you have the option to disable the Identity property when using this copy function.

The task already has such a checkbox for the property Primary Key.

Updated idea status NewOpen

Great idea, but why not set the copy identity to a default of false? Like you said in 99% of the cases this is not the wanted result. Should the default not be set to the most used option?

Erwin,

That would be a great addition yes. This checkbox should be set to false by default.

In the 2024.2, we expanded the tab and task to copy columns from another table with the option to copy identity-related settings (Identity, Seed, Increment) and setting Mandatory.

This gives you more control over the desired outcome of the new column.

OpenNext release