Auto logout after x amount of time inactive

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

It would be nice to have a option in iam to set an inactive timeout (in minutes). If a user is inactive for x amount of time that the session will be expired and the user will be logged out.

Hi Remco,

What would be considered Inactive? Not clicking, not moving, not executing tasks, or something else? We would like some more information.

NewNeeds feedback

@Remco I believe the default behavior (at least for the Universal GUI) is a session timeout of 20 minutes. Is that sufficient for you or do you need to specify a different timeout period?

Hi @Mark Jongeling 

I would say inactive is not clicking or typing in the application. Only moving the mouse i wouldn't count as active. After the inactive period the user needs to be logout and the session in iam should be closed.

A extra nice feature would be to be able to call a procedure when a user will we logged out due inactivity.

@Arie V unfortunately that is not sufficient enough. We also need the iam usr session to be closed.

Needs feedbackOpen

@Remco In the IAM table ‘appl_claim’  you can basically see which users are active at a given time. See my response here: 

I suspect that the question whether or not a user is forced to re-login after his session is expired, is based on the session cookie settings you use.