Select color and font from list of selected items

Related products: Software Factory

Currently you can select any font and color that is a available within Thinkwise.

For styling purposes I'd like to preselect a number of colors and fonts that can be used in the application and only select one of these colors and fonts. In this way I can't make a mistake and selecting something alike, but not exactly the same. Furthermore it will then be easier to change these selected colors and fonts as part of a theme.

Multiple themes can have the same names for these selected items, but have different colors and fonts associated to them. In this way you define these items at a, for instance, project level and give them actual content within a theme. Usage can then refer to the defined items, which might even be a combination of color and font.

Think about a single way to define a validation error or warning, or a single way to present too_many, too_few, etc.

Hi Roy,

Can you perhaps provide a concrete example how this idea would benefit you? Perhaps with some screenshots attached? Right now, it's not entirely clear to me what you mean.

Updated idea status NewNeeds feedback

Hi @Roy van Uffelen,

We would still like to hear your input on the question I asked a few weeks ago. Thanks in advance!​​​​​​

Concrete example would be the use of background coloring on conditional layouts. In case of validation you always want the same background color in any place the validation fails.

Currently you have to select the exact shade of red you want. If you were presented with a list of colors (possibly with a usage-name) then you can simply select that specific color.

Also when you want to change the color, you only have to do this on this one central spot, instead of on all the different locations.

Updated idea status Needs feedbackOpen