Read folder (new process action type)

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Indicium Service Tier

In an action flow I have the ability to read/write/move/delete files and folders. 

I have no option to get a list of files inside of a folder.

This would be very helpful. Currently I have an external document generator that creates PDF files and puts them on a file share. The filename convention of the generator contains a timestamp and some other variables that I am not aware of. Because of this I can’t READ FILE since I don’t know when the file was generated or what other variables are part of it’s file name.

I guess you could use the low-code part in your flow by utilizing (at least on SQL server) the default function to read a directory: sys.dm_os_enumerate_filesystem(t1.file_path,'*.pdf') and return it's contents. 

Updated idea status NewOpen

Our current solution is a windows service that uses a configuration stored within Thinkwise.

This way we can change/add/remove folders that needs to be looked at from within the application. This issue is that it’s an additional windows service that need to be installed, configured, maintained.

And the Thinkwise application already has the ability to read folders, otherwise the open file action would be quite impossible. Hope this get’s added soon as we will run into this issue more often in the future.

I need the same thing, need to process all files that are in a certain folder. Client-side, so SQL Server functionality is not of any help.

Updated idea statusOpenCompleted

Hi Bas,

It looks like we missed this idea and haven't updated the Idea status. Your idea has been implemented in the 2022.2 release that is available now 😁

The new process action is called List folder (as it lists the contents of the given folder). It works with File storage. More info here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows_connectors#list-folder

Thank you for your great idea!