Validation on RDBMS reserved keywords

Related products: Software Factory

I noticed there isn't a (complete) list of reserved keywords as a validation. A customer of mine had a upgrade go wrong because there was a domain with the name 'boolean’. Ofcourse that's not a good name, but the Software Factory didn't tell him in the validation, but only when the upgrade script went wrong.

I suggest that the list is expanded and depending on the selected RDBMS available as a validation.

Should be pretty easy to resolve: Here is Microsofts list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/language-elements/reserved-keywords-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15

Agreed. As @Kevin Horst said in another topic, most of the time new inexperienced Thinkwise developers try to create domains with a name the same as a pre-existing datatype on the database, like:

• Int
  • Money
  • Date
  • Datetime
  • etc.

These don't show up in the validations. I've added this wish to our backlog.

We have expanded the list of reserved keywords that will be checked for the 2020.2 release. 

From the very long list of possible future keywords, which also contains the BOOLEAN keyword, we have made a limited selection, including the SQL server data types.