Enable transfer of authorisation from one IAM to another

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

There used to be an option to export the IAM configuration to file and import it into another IAM.

The function was useful to guarantee identical user experience from one OTAP-environment to another; the files could be rolled out with life cycle management software.

There is still documentation mentioning similar functionality, but the corresponding option in the task is missing. Writing to file is not supported.

Often the available setting will work, but when it is not possible to connect one IAM to another, things get tricky.

As a cumbersome work around it is possible ask for a backup of one IAM, restore it in the other environment and register it with TCP and then sync the settings.

This is a tool which I have used in the past. I already noticed it was missing. Please set up a new tasks with a similar function. This includes write to file.

We have plans to also define and configure user groups in the SF, just like roles, so that you can synchronize the group configuration from the SF to multipleIAMs. Would that also be a solution?

Would configuring groups in the SF be complementary to the configuration in IAM, or would everything move?

I imagine:

• Actual configuration will be done in one IAM;
  • Configuration can be pushed to SF, written to file or pulled by SF;
  • No editing in SF
  • Pushing from SF to IAM or file, or pull from IAM

Is my assumption correct?